Ever wonder why the products you order arrive in an oversized box filled with air pillows?
Packsize ensures that every product can ship in the smallest box possible. Our custom packaging solutions save time, money, and the environment.
We face interesting challenges every day, and not just with boxes! We are a technology company that understands the importance of being at the front of new and innovative technologies to solve those challenges. Our software drives measurable differences in our customers’ success. Our solutions are industry leading and used at both small and very large enterprises around the world.
The Software Product Manager will creatively solve business problems, and work closely with designers, engineers, customers, and corporate stakeholders to deliver simple and intuitive product solutions. The ideal candidate thinks on a long-term basis, driving direction in product and revenue for software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile feedback from global customers and partners; prioritize opportunities and product initiatives based on ROI analysis
- Own the Market Requirements Documentation for your areas of responsibility and follow the established Stage Gate process through business case analysis, development and product launch.
- Develop strategic open-ended questions to determine the opportunity for new products, enhancements and potential improvements
- Gather information from the customer by discovery, asking the right questions, having the data to justify decisions and be confident in the data
- Use proven “Voice of the Customer” methodologies to direct product direction with qualitative metrics
- Share findings and data with the development team, collaborating on best solution, and manage data to back up decisions – How will this change make an impact?
- Be nimble and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, juggle multiple priorities and respond quickly to evolving risks and opportunities
- Make smart tradeoffs among features, cost, and time-to-market to maximize the product value
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop product launch plans, press releases, marketing, sales collateral and training materials
- Represent Packsize at customer events and industry/technology events
- Develop methods for data collection to help understand customer problems and make decisions based on results – ability to decipher data and communicate results to the organization
- Develop products operating plan: achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- BS or BA degree required, or a minimum of 4 years working with software
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a technical industry is required
- Experience in fulfillment/warehouse environment is desirable
- Interpersonal skills – proven ability to collaborate with architects, engineers, peers and customers
- Self-motivated and accountable with decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with bias towards data driven decision-making
- In depth knowledge of software development concepts – knowledge of agile methodologies is preferred
- The ability to recognize and communicate opportunity, not just focusing on technical solutions
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of product
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal – ability to engage customers on a consultative basis
- Technical Drive
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Decision Making
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Typical office working conditions
- Travel 25%
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Packsize is the world’s leading provider of lean packaging systems for businesses with corrugated packaging needs. Consistently recognized by Inc. 5000, ranked by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, and named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes, Packsize delivers Smarter Packaging for a Healthy Planet® through On Demand Packaging®.
Apply by clicking the button below!